Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Literary and Comparative Analysis

At first the hardest part of the literary analysis was comming up with a thesis and ways to support it using the text. As I was writing my paper I found it difficult to stay focused on my thesis, I often found myself going off on tangents. It was also challenging to explain the claims I made fully in detail and relate it back to my thesis.

I dont expect to have this problem when writing my comparitive analysis because after writing the literary analysis I feel like I can do a better job focusing on one main point. Other problems that I might have with the comparritive analysis is connecting both of the texts in my paper so that the paper has a flow to it rather than jumping from one text to another. To address this problem I could plan out what I want to say about each literary work and tie them togerther through quotes or the common theme.
Print this post

2 comments:

  1. i had the same exact problems with the thesis and finding enough examples to use but it seems that you addressed the problem with tying them with more quotes or the theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also had trouble sticking to my thesis. its hard to build a paper around one sentence. but i think having a general idea of what you want write about, then pulling quotes from the reading helps form some sort of idea.

    ReplyDelete