Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reflecting on the Research Process

For my position paper I chose to write about the relationship between creativity and mental illnesses. I had to find materials that supported a link between creativity and mental illnesses and I also researched artists that suffered from mental illnesses. When doing research for this assignment I used the library here at hcc for the first time. In the past most of my research has been done online and this is the first assignment that I actually had to go into the library and find books and journals relating to my topic. I chose to write about a topic that I was interested in because I knew it would help me write 8 pages, and I enjoyed the research process more.
By writing this research paper I learned how to make a stronger, more convincing argument in my writing. I learned how to address people who disagree with my argument and use that to my advantage by rebutting them. Also, I have never written a paper this long so I learned how to write in detail and organize my thoughts. This paper was different than any other paper I had to write, I usually know exactly how to organize my papers. With this paper I was having trouble figuring out when to say each point and how to integrate quotes that I found.

Writing this paper has already helped me in my future papers. While writing this paper I was also working on a research paper for another class. I used what we learned in class to make my other paper stronger. Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment